VHS/VHS-C Transfer & Conversion Process
We transfer VHS/VHS-C, S-VHS & Betamax video tapes to a digital format. Our conversion process enables us to convert your original footage to maintain the quality, and protect your media from any further degradation this will help you to easily view your media now and in the future.
Video Standards Conversion:
We can convert most foreign video formats includung
- NTSC, SECAM, PAL
Popular formats we can convert:
- S-VHS (full size)
- VHS-C and S-VHS-C (these tapes require an adapter which we will provide for the purpose of the transfer).
- Memory cards
- Hard drives (prices available on application)
- Our normal transfer service is direct to DVD/CD
- Each media item is transferred onto a separate hi-grade DVD/CD
- DVD/CD cases/sleeves will be supplied
- Disc titling service (maximum 6 words).
- DVD spine titling and printing service (optional)
- Transfer to a USB flash storage drive (optional)
Multiple Tape Transfer:
If your media tapes are relatively short we may be able to combine more than one media items on one DVD by using dual layer discs instead of our regular single layer discs. Dual Layer discs do carry a small surcharge on top of our normal media transfer prices. Please see our full prices or enquire with us for further help and advice.
Editing Services: (charged at a flat half hour or hourly rate)
We can help make sense of those countless hours of video by editing your footage into a much more concise movie. This method of transfer normally involves a two step process.
- We digitally capture all your footage and then provide you with a preview copy to watch on DVD or as a private video link via our Vimeo CDN (Content Delivery Network) both versions would have time-code displayed on your screen running in the top left corner.
- We then need you to make the notes of the IN and Out points and list all your clips in order of preference for your final video, these reference notes will be used to match up and edit your final video.
If your project is fairly simple, then we may be able to edit with just some basic written notes and instructions, providing the footage we are looking for is very concise
- We can always add music and/or titles
- Create a full DVD menu screen with chapter points allowing you skip to the various movie clips almost immediately.
We should be able to provide approximate costs of our editing charges once we have understood your full requirements.